Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tamshiyacu here we come!

This post is being written by our brother, George McHendry:

I have to admit that I was having trouble pronouncing the word Tamshiyacu before today. After spending a few hours with the beautiful people that call Tamshiyacu their home, I am confident that the name will be engrained in my brain forever. You might wonder why. Well, thanks to the folks at Extreme Nazarene, we at WCON have adopted this village of 3,000 people and are helping them hear the Good News by helping plant a new Nazarene church in the near future. Originally the boat trip up the Amazon River in the Rain Forest was just for the four of us at WCON. When word got out that we had gotten a boat to make the 24 mile trip, many others said they wanted to go as well. In all, 19 of our 22 took the one hour trip upstream on the Amazon. As we took our tour of the city, Pastor Janette stopped in at the Ecumenical service for an infusion of the Holy Spirit! To my friends who are wondering how the trip is going, my thanks for your prayers. Yes, it is hot and humid. But God is watching over us as we bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to the folks here in Peru. I believe I captured some wonderful images of WCON´s future sister church in Tamshiyacu. God bless you all. See you in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

morsejlm said...

I am praying for you FJBB and your team. I know God is leading you every step of the way. Bless you girlfriend!
Love, Jill