Friday, September 27, 2013

Riders on the Storm



Pastor John and Carla spent the last several years riding storms.  When we arrived in Hawaii, much like Job they were exhausted.

Job 6:11-13   What strength do I have, that I should still hope?  What prospects, that I should be patient?  Do I have the strength of stone?  Is my flesh bronze?  Do I have any power to help myself, now that success has been driven from me?"

Since we were there in July, Carla took a refreshing trip home to Florida for her parents’ 50th wedding anniversary.  The children went back to school.  The roofing project was completed except for the gutters that the church is paying to have done.  Pastor John was accepted into an online Master’s program out of Point Loma.  The new youth ministry is flourishing.

Their strength was gone, but God in His mercy sent workers, friendships, family, and resources to lift them up.

Continue to pray for their family.  God is not done working, and we are not done being used.
Bonnie Young

No comments: