Sunday, July 21, 2013

Live as an Example of Christ


I intended to post more about other ministries during our trip but Saturday was extremely busy.  Instead, I want to make a comparison to Patches who I featured in yesterday’s blog.

How many people wear a Sunday morning behavior that is like Patches’ innocent face but as soon as they step outside the church, they jerk out of that “constraining behavior” and run to the paths of sin?  The Bible tells us to be an example of Christ to those we meet. Pastor Brian challenges us to live out the Christian life all the time.

Christ was evident in our team this week.  I saw our members joyfully carrying out each task of our mission, love with deep compassion, and act upon promptings of the Spirit.  I did not see or hear any “Patches religion.” My prayer is that God continues to use each team member for His glory and gives us an abundant Christian life.

1 John 3:17-18   If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

No comments: